What Not to Overlook in a Final Walk-Through
Be sure that:
- Home repairs you’ve requested have been made. Obtain copies of paid bills and any related warranties.
- All items that were included in the sale price—draperies, lighting fixtures—are still there.
- Screens and storm windows are in place or stored.
- All appliances are operating:
– intercom, doorbell, and alarm are operational.
- Hot water heater is working.
- HVAC is working.
- No plants or shrubs have been removed from the yard.
- Garage door opener and other remotes are available.
- Instruction books and warranties on appliances and fixtures are there.
- All personal items of the sellers and All debris have been removed.
Reprinted from REALTOR® Magazine Online  with permission of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®.
Copyright 2014. All rights reserved.